Friday, September 12, 2014

Book: An Outline

As I said in my last post, I'm going to use this blog (for the time being) to draft the chapters of my book. To start, here's an outline, which I've fleshed out a bit on paper and I'll add to over the next few days.

Suggestions for content will be duly noted, depending upon who you are.

Next up will be the draft of the "Note from the Author" section.

More soon...

-Fred


Book Outline
  • Note from the Author
    • 3 Answer to 3 Questions
      • Why Am I Writing This?
      • Who is My Ideal Reader?
      • What Makes me qualified to write this?
    • A toast to the Past & to the Present
  • Section One
    • Chapter 1: Should I stay or should I go?
      • Evaluating your options
    • Chapter 2: Location, Location, Location
      • Where to live, if you've got options
    • Chapter 3: Last Things First
      • What to do before you leave, and right away when you arrive
  • Section Two
    • Chapter 4: Don’t Hassle Me...I’m Local
      • Learning your way around a new place
    • Chapter 5: The Living Bucket List
      • Things to do in your new area
    • Chapter 6: Gotta Be a Friend, to Have a Friend….Friend
      • Meeting new people, forming a new social circle
  • Section Three
    • Chapter 7: “Guess I’ll see ya when I see ya…”
      • Keeping in touch and keeping your roots
    • Chapter 8: Keepin' it Real, Keepin' it Fresh
      • How to move every year without actually moving
      • "Work in progress" section; make this  "interactive" - solicit feedback, draw people back to blog w/ suggestions of how to do this
  • End Notes
    • Checklist
    • Suggestions for further reading
    • Acknowledgements

No comments:

Post a Comment